What does it mean to be a great nonprofit? How do great nonprofits compare to good nonprofits? And how do we get there?
Here are six questions which, in my opinion, are useful to explore on our path from good to great.
1. Do we use our vision as a touchstone for decision making?
2. Does our board and team reflect our community?
3. Do we put our community first? (Even, if necessary, ahead of our own survival?)
4. Can we articulate why we do what we do?
5. Are we a learning organisation?
6. Do we have robust relationships within our organisation and with our stakeholders?
There’s more detail in the full presentation below – and feedback and debate most welcome.