Some of the concepts and questions explored include:
- Generosity includes giving time, giving money and acting with kindness
- The total number of hours volunteering hours in Aotearoa NZ has dropped in recent years: how do we reclaim and reinvigorate volunteering?
- Philanthropy is being democratised through platforms like crowd-funding – we can all give and giving in proportion to what we have matters
- How do we know that the things we contribute our time or money to are useful, needed and impactful?
- How does philanthropy relate to inequality – is it a symptom or a cure?